Facilities and Resources
Infrastructures and facilities
The following research laboratories are available for the programme:
- School of Forestry Engineering (Campus of Pontevedra): 55 m2,
- School of Industrial Engineering (Campus of Vigo, city): 42 m2,
- School of Mining and Energy Engineering (Campus of Vigo Lagoas-Marcosende): 48 m2,
- Other smaller spaces of about 15 m2 to storage equipment.
- Mobile Laser System (Lynx Mobile Mapper M1 of Optech); with two Optech laser heads; inertial system and Applanix POS LV 520 odometer; GPS 2 system, Trimble antennas; four industrial JAI BB500 GiE cameras of 5 MPx and 3 fps; Rack for massive control and storage of big volume information data with solid state hard drive; van for support and mobile data collection of the mobile laser system Mercedes- Benz Vito (plate 3238- GST).
- Laser scanner (Hokuyo UTM-30 LX).
- Sensor (Kinect).
- UAV (MikroKopter Okto XL).
- Thermographic camera (NEC TH9260).
- Terrestrial Laser Scanner (Riegl LMS- Z390i).
- Semi-metric camera (Rollei Flex 6006).
- Calibrated digital camera (Nikon D100, 20 mm and 50 mm lenses; Cannon EOS 5D, 14 mm and 20 mm lens; Cannon D10, 20 mm lense).
- Digital photogrammetric restitutors (Photomodeler and AICON).
- Dual frequency RTK GPS (Ao- Top).
- GPR; 250, 500, 800 MHz, 1 Ghz and 1.6 Ghz shielded antennas; 50, 100 and 200 MHz bistatic antennas (RAMAC system).
- Profilometer for measuring international roughness index (IRI), texturometer for measuring Macro texture (MPD), and odometer (Greenwood LaserProf).
- Total stations for research (LEICA TCR-1102, 6cc, 150 m; LEICA TCR-1103, 9cc, 80 m).
- Software applications for the photogrammetry research lines: Photomodeler Scanner, AICON 3D Studio.
- Software applications for the laser systems research lines: RiscanPro Data Acquisition, RiscanPro Multistation Adjustment, RiscanPro Processing, LV POS View, Lynx Survey, Lynx RTCP, Optech Disk Extract, POSPac MMS, DASHMap, Optech Image Extract, Optech RGB Extract, Quick Terrain Modeler.
- Software applications for the thermographic systems research lines: Termographic Image Processor.
- Software applications for the short-range and GPR remote sensing systems research lines: REFLEXW 4.5, EASY-3D, GPR- Slice, Ground Vision, GPRmax simulation.
- Software applications for the SIG and cartography research lines: Cartomap 4.2, ArcGIS 8.0 subpixel module, Erdas 8.4, e- Cognition 2.1.
- Software applications for the structural calculation research lines: Estrumad 2003, Cype 2009, Ring v2.0.
Library and electronic resources
All the universities taking part in this proposal are equipped with library services. They gather the basic bibliography and the necessary funds specialised for the correct development of the different research lines in the PhD Programme. This Universities are subscribed to different data bases with accesses to bibliographic resources (journals and books), in the national and international level, which can be consulted from any computer equipment connected to the Universities networks.
Globally, the services available for the PhD students are:
- Lecture rooms for consulting the Libraries collections, for studying and researching, with computer equipments and Wi-Fi net.
- Equipments for documents reproduction following the intellectual property legislation.
- A catalogue with bibliographic funds available through internet which enables to locate works and resources integrated in the collections, suggest new titles purchase, renew loans and look for the bibliography recommended in the teaching programmes.
- Services for the access to bibliographic collections.
- Remote consultation of the electronic resources contracted by the Library: data bases, electronic journals, electronic books, internet portals, etc., like:
Web of Knowledge access through the FECYT, with all the associated resources provided by Thomson Reuters.
Scopus access, with multiple resources provided by Elsevier.
Complete text journal collection and/or Books and Electronic Books collections in the field of Geotechnologies: ScienceDirect, Wiley Intersciencie, Springer Link, IUSTEL, IEEE/IEE Electronic Library Online.
AENOR regulations complete collection through the data base NorWeb.
- Orientation and education in the Library use and its technological and documentary resources.
- Counselling in the information searching and locating.
- Bibliographic and documentary specialised and personalised information.
- Libraries use by people from outside the university community as authorised external users.
Resources for co-funding students internalisation
To obtain external resources and travel grants which enable co-funding students and studies internalisation (research stays and congresses attendance) of the programme, the following actions will be taken:
- To take part in the research and mobility grants programmes of each University in the programme.
- To take part in the research and mobility grants programmes of each Autonomous Community.
- To take part in the national research and mobility grants programmes, paying attention to the MECD programmes and to the students recruitment with the adequate academic profile in the request of FPI and FPU grants.
- To take part in the European Union mobility programmes.
- To take part in the grant calls of different public and private entities, like Foundations, Provincial Councils, local entities and embassies.
- To use the own funds from research projects and R&D contracts with companies
According to the previous years results, it is possible to calculate that at least the 50% of the students will achieve funds from external grants; the other can get co-funding with the research groups resources.